Ultimate Batheo Athanaton Forum
Hoarding! - Printable Version

+- Ultimate Batheo Athanaton Forum (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum)
+-- Forum: Batheo, Athanaton (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum/Forum-Batheo-Athanaton)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Strategy, PvP (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum/Forum-Discussions-Strategy-PvP)
+--- Thread: Hoarding! (/Thread-Hoarding)

Hoarding! - Pluton - 10-25-2011

Do you like the Hoarding Feature? Tell us your experiences with Hoarding.

What are some good methods/rules that your faction/league had set up to prevent chaos, frustration or enjoyment caused by this feature?

RE: Hoarding! - Prabhu - 10-27-2011

Hoarding is just awesome! yes, AWESOME but only when the communication between area-mates is good enough.

Just put up a sheet with a small diagram of how silver mines look like and map every player to the yields of a mine (give some numbers or alphabets if there are two mines with same yields).

Mail this across all area-mates. Works like a charm! Anyone that hates hoarding is cuz it doesn't show if a mine is hoarded or not. Batheo cud have fixed this with a simple solution of putting "(hoarded)" in the mine (still hiding the identity of player who hoards it). Anyway, idk what their intentions are. But, this sheet can fix it.

You might also add entries for when the silver mines yield, etc.

Possible issues:

#1 Players jump towns quite often for refining, ABs, etc.
Ok, one that jumps often doesn't care much about silver mines anyway.
Still, add such sheets (for every area) to the Traders List or something which your faction has in common.

#2 I know of a small player who can be on 24x7 and hoards top mine 24x7(taking advantage of the sheet) blah blah.
Ok, rich shud get richer, that's how you can raise the flag of your faction! Jolt down the order of player rankings in the area (based on map progression, etc.) and assign them silver mines. Refresh the list once in a week or every winter to accommodate any changes in map progression. Reward the top dogs, cuz they are the ones that truly deserve the top mines.

#3 Our area has 32 players but only 16 silver mines. How does this work?
Ok, just make sure no one grabs more than 1 silvermine at any time of day! Assign the top 4 mines amongst top 8 players(map progression). Now, let them time share it. Leave it to the individuals to work it out.

With this, no one will ever waste a single div and the yields would be twice as much as it was Smile

I can discuss more on this, if you have any questions.

RE: Hoarding! - Orochi - 10-29-2011

nothing worked, so i simply set no hoarding rule for political city.

personally i love hoarding because it gives double yields with no risk to myself, but it's unfair to the weaker players who waste divs trying to find a farm/mine just because some ppl dont update their flags regarding which farm/mine is hoarded. so rather then causing a lot of unhappiness .. i rather have no hoarding and lose out on that minute bit of drachs/crops.

p.s: we played through the days where hoarding wasn't available, so going back to no hoarding aint that big of an issue to me lol.

RE: Hoarding! - Goldmember - 10-31-2011

The way we handle hoarding is pretty simple. We have designated 2 cities as "safe" cities (Iolcus and Mycenae in our case) and in those cities there is absolutely no hoarding allowed, mines and farms are first come first serve. In all other cities your assigned mine and farm are the same spot as your city location on the map. You are free to hoard at all times. For a 2nd farm or mine if the city has room on the edges then you take a 2nd farm or mine but do not hoard it. This way if someone moves into one of the edge locations they can wait for your 2nd mine or farm to expire and then claim their location.

The only time the above system runs into any issues is during Autumn when people relocate for AB's. But this period is very short and doesn't usually cause any issues as long as everyone follows the rules. Sure we have people that camp the top spots, but they almost always move eventually for refining or AB.

RE: Hoarding! - fayinsky - 10-31-2011

I will only talk about hoarding in lvl100 areas here. For S28 Athena, only Mycanae has more than 1 page of players, among which, only around 12 active players. Most other areas are half empty. Thereby it is much easier for us to manage hoarding spots than the other two factions
Following rules apply to those who only move out of a certain area X for levy/refinement in a very limited time window (3-6 hours) every day:
1. Everyone must put their hoarding spot(s) in their signature
2. No one should occupy 2 SMs/farms at the same time unless X has less than 6 active players
3. The hoarding spot(s) is(are) fixed for each player and decided by that player's strength ranking in X

Following rule applies to those who move around a lot:

Hoard mines/farms that are not claimed(named in the signatures) by others

Following rule applies to AB areas during 23:30 - 12:00 Autumn:
No hoarding and move back to your "base" area after AB

RE: Hoarding! - Pluton - 11-01-2011

Actually we have a sheet like the one mentioned by Prabhu, but the sheet is across all faction and we don't have any issues, except non-active people not looking at the sheet in the beginning.

We can hoard at all time 2 mines and 2 farms, just like before hoarding feature came. Actually, farm isn't needed as we gain 59443+ crops per farm...

RE: Hoarding! - Shadas - 01-15-2012

In our faction we have started a policy of No hoarding mines..but we all can hoard only 1 farm.How this works is ..Your only allowed to hoard the farm where your castle sits..If you don't like where your castle is ..Plan a move and move back when your spot opens that you like.. CC's are not in this farming/mining rule..So if you like to live on the risky side move to your CC and have fun fighting for your farm and mine location.If a faction member doesn't follow the faction policy .They are warned then kick out of there league..Its better following the rule than living out in the cold. Plus missing out on league techs.. This has cut down on the wasted divs..more divs to run gardens and legions . thus making a stronger faction and better game play for everyone..