Ultimate Batheo Athanaton Forum
Commission Luck - Printable Version

+- Ultimate Batheo Athanaton Forum (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum)
+-- Forum: Batheo, Athanaton (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum/Forum-Batheo-Athanaton)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Strategy, PvP (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum/Forum-Discussions-Strategy-PvP)
+--- Thread: Commission Luck (/Thread-Commission-Luck)

Commission Luck - Pluton - 02-23-2012

New List of Mounts , Cloaks

While we have commission statistics , various players expressed their opinion on commission:

HUGE UNEQUAL LUCK Factor
Quote: Real Data

Autocomissioning a Kylin non-stop:

player 1 - 97 days
player 2 - 33 days
player 3 - 72 days
player 4 - 67 days

These are S1 zeus that kept track. I'm the 97 frickin day guy [Image: smile.png] Sent me WAY behind my fellow Poser competition (auto-commissioned at lvl 120).

All I can say is - if ur zeus u don't need a purple mount to get past Temple. Yes Ra will make your life difficult but 60-90 divs and a lucky horseshoe will get you through. Don't do what I did and put yourself behind auto-commissioning for 90+ days setting yourself back huge.

Wittyname
S1
TheReaper: "if you want something then you have to work for it". (like if we don't already know)
Orochi Wrote:BUT the thing is, it's insanely hard for SOME ppl, and rediculously easy for SOME ppl [to get red/purple frags]

i support the idea of working HARD for gear, i don't support the idea of gear being 100% based on luck.

BUT that's exactly what commissioning is... nothing but luck.

1 account i can auto commission 24/7 for 1 month+ and get ZERO kylin frags another account which cant even afford aide level 4 for auto commission, can get 10 kylin frags in 1 week with a result of random clicking on commission.
While ClapAlong inexperienced "mods" (noob players, except SML1013) tries to protect ClapAlong with their "everything is good" yada yada, off-topics missing the point and blabla, tell us what you think of commission luck.

Is luck really different for each accounts? Is commission luck based on account, time, and/or other factors? or is it entirely luck?

One thing for sure: Luck comes in quick succession or don't come at all - Prabhu

RE: Commission Luck - Pluton - 02-23-2012

Update on the off-topic debate: (You may not want to read the following 2 post)

TheReaper: I commission daily and in 1 year ive gotten 1 kylin frag and 1 full chimera and 1 zues frag.

Here's what his account looks like after a year
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=13573&d=1330010593]

TheReaper: You dont know me or how long i play DAILY so dont judge what you know nothing of. I wouldnt be a mod if i didnt log everyday
(Mod don't need to login everyday, TheReaper only has 1 forum post when he became mod, he never participated in any events)

Of course he's lying, he didn't login everyday for a whole year. (He is one of the weakest player, with Leto being the absolute weakest player)

But ClapAlong "mods" job is to LIE and protect ClapAlong... they would delete anything they dislike: (exactly like stupid Senior Mod Leto)
TheReaper Wrote:Im not going to sit here and argue with you over how I (ME MYSELF AND I) play my game with my own leisurely rate.
But i am going to publicly warn you since my mail i sent earlier is apparently unread that Flaming others is against the rules. Any others will follow with infractions.
TheReaper's noobness FACT that delete/infraction will not change.
(even if he deletes his own post or the whole thread, something that little Senior Mod Leto has already done multiple times)

[attachment=5]

RE: Commission Luck - Pluton - 02-25-2012

Update on the luck vs random debate:

For luck (and random), we have top veteran players (lv 120-130): Orochi, etc
For complete randomness, we have inexperienced noob moderators (lv 19-60): Andromeda69 and Leto who doesn't play the game

Orochi: "Saying it's completely random and nothing to do with luck i can't accept"

CA noob mods: "a game is random" + "coding states that the game is all random"
(Yet those mods admit that they know nothing of coding, no one knows how he game is coded)
Orochi Wrote:the more accounts u take into the sample size, the more u'll realise some accounts have better luck than the rest. yes luck, not randomness, because it keeps occurring frequently enough to make it a constant factor and not a random factor. the same account that u get a full drop in legions with, will have a higher chance in having that happen again. the same account that u don't get jack with for months, most probably won't get a full drop, ever. the same account that gets red/purp frags from commission easily, will have a higher chance of finishing a kylin within a month or the shortest duration possible. the same account that gets red/purp frags from commission on a leap year, will have a higher chance of finishing a kylin within the longest possible duration it can take.

that's the pattern that seperates randomness from luck.
1216941 Wrote:Here is another point about commissioning. Ive done it enough that I feel I know what I'm talking about. At certain times (random) the odds of upgrading dealers is very high. These times MUST be taken advantage of if you are seriously going after hard to get items. If you dont take advantage of these "high luck" periods you will be left at the mercy of the game.
Top players generally agree with this "high luck" periods.
CA mods don't know how the game is coded (especially stupid Leto coming up with elementary school equations and examples unrelated to the game), but just want to say that the game is "fair".
It's fairly simple to program a "luck factor".

You decide...

Killing idiots with their own arguments:
[Image: 2vkmf0x.png]

RE: Commission Luck - GentleGiant - 06-20-2012

A game program is neither luck or random. The program could be modified to allow greater commission drops if the game developers wanted it to be so. I have sent in a ticket - complaining of the Commission Drops - only to be told it was a random sequence. FOFLMAO!! Commission drops are a teaser in this game, in order to keep your interest perked, and with the end desire for the gamer to buy more gold. I have been trying for a Kylin mount for over a year now, and only have 10/20 frags. After awhile you lose interest in this mount.

RE: Commission Luck - Squinters - 06-21-2012

there has been a lot of griping about account based luck on commissioning on chinese forums... i don't buy it. I actually think it is more dependent on the time cycle you are on. I don't have concrete proof for this; however, i started auto-commission on my second kylin as soon as I saw world message for kylin frag gained. Completed my second kylin in 15 days (also i started auto-commission 1 week before 150 update, since then I have completed 2 kylin and 2 1/2 zeus' cloaks).

If others want to try this and post their results, I would appreciate testing this theory.

RE: Commission Luck - GentleGiant - 06-21-2012

will try your theory out. curious on how many drachs you had to spend on auto commission?

RE: Commission Luck - Sapan - 06-21-2012

I also wouldnt believe in account based luck. Or I should say, there could be an account based luck which goes up and down with time. Things happened like 6 kylin frag in one night to a guy in our server. I also got 3 frags in one night once. But also we had 2-3 week periods without frags. There could be account luck which changes over time but I wouldn't believe any such thing as this account is lucky and that account is unlucky.

I also think that certain rates are being modified without notification of players. So comparing commission data from different times may not give the best idea.

Like drop rates from commission, washing odds, alchemy odds, gold odds from levies, hit rate of some mages, plat wash, ultimate wash success rates, success rates in enchants etc.

Or may be some of these may be subject to a very slow changing PG. But the consensus among the people I talk to in S31 is that our experience with certain aspects of the game is different from what it used to be. We think nerfs and buffs do happen from time to time and we are not notified about them at all.

RE: Commission Luck - Pluton - 06-21-2012

(06-21-2012, 02:28 AM)Squinters Wrote: I actually think it is more dependent on the time cycle you are on.
Hidden luck PG? Maybe [Image: gif.latex?%5Cfrac%7B%5Cmathrm%7Bd%7D%20%...%7D%20t%7D] ?

RE: Commission Luck - Prabhu - 06-21-2012

Commission luck is nothing compared to enchants or armaments, the latter being the worst nightmare lol.

Anyway, try to commission when world chat is spammed with commission items; farm for frags when u see them dropping and try enchanting arms when you see something happening in world chat. Too bad there isn't any announcement for enchants Smile

This might not be the ideal solution but can definitely give better outcome than those from random attempts.

Also, imo commission is a way of converting drachs to gems. Guaranteed outcome: gems; surprise outcome: frags Smile

RE: Commission Luck - GentleGiant - 06-21-2012

Squinters theory works. I tried out auto=commission and picked-up Karkadann in my first day. Granted, not the Kylin mount that i have been trying too long for, but Squinters theory is sound by upping the odds on a continuous cycle of commissioning. It should be noted that you need to be a Level 4 in the Aide Service in order to auto-commission.

RE: Commission Luck - perses87 - 06-22-2012

Well, I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon just yet, but I tried out Squinters' idea, saw a kylin frag drop, put it on auto commission, and finally got a Karkadann, been waiting for another red mount for a month.
Thanks for the idea Squinters.

RE: Commission Luck - SparrowZA - 07-17-2012

I think its luck based, you can call BS on this one, but on one of my alts on 24hr auto comission got 18 kylin frags in about 2 weeks, I ran mine for 1 week and was on 2 frags when the alt was on 10 already, I stopped auto-comm because I defeated elf, and training grounds are expensive (3rd kylin on both acc, so it's not nessecary at this point). Another alt of mine grabbed 4 ZC frags in under 24h yesterday. TFW I'm the only unlucky comissioner.