Ultimate Batheo Athanaton Forum
calling it quits - Printable Version

+- Ultimate Batheo Athanaton Forum (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum)
+-- Forum: Batheo, Athanaton (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum/Forum-Batheo-Athanaton)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Strategy, PvP (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum/Forum-Discussions-Strategy-PvP)
+--- Thread: calling it quits (/Thread-calling-it-quits)

calling it quits - Squinters - 07-14-2012

time to end the batheo road. Last tidbit to those who continue on the trek...

there are 2 classes of players: low-level spenders and high-level spenders. every player in batheo currently falls into the low level spender category (in large part due to conversion rate for $ to gold, which is a lot crappier in batheo).

For low-level spenders, luck overrides all other factors. So try to maximize your luck :p (by reducing dungeon runs, enchanting systematically, and generally dedicating as many divs as possible exclusively to frag hunting).

Good luck!

RE: calling it quits - Agamemnon_S13/4 - 07-14-2012

Will be sorry to lose you, your advice allows me to get setup for future maps and avoid nasty surprises!

RE: calling it quits - Prabhu - 07-14-2012

With people like Orochi and you retiring, honestly there is very few hope left for those who try to keep pushing at it. I can only hope something like an armament enhance or Odin recruit(when it happens on your acc) can bring you back and keep you glued again. Have fun till you come back, mate!

You sure will be missed!

RE: calling it quits - Horus - 07-14-2012

You will be missed, Squinters Sad

RE: calling it quits - Vincent12 - 07-14-2012

why you ending? Sad

RE: calling it quits - Ronce - 07-15-2012

(07-14-2012, 03:35 AM)Squinters Wrote: time to end the batheo road. Last tidbit to those who continue on the trek...

there are 2 classes of players: low-level spenders and high-level spenders. every player in batheo currently falls into the low level spender category (in large part due to conversion rate for $ to gold, which is a lot crappier in batheo).

For low-level spenders, luck overrides all other factors. So try to maximize your luck :p (by reducing dungeon runs, enchanting systematically, and generally dedicating as many divs as possible exclusively to frag hunting).

Good luck!
我相信你都可以不用金啦。。 为什么不玩
快改版。。 沙发!!!!看看更新后怎么样。。
如果玩腻了,或者时间不宽余,可惜。。
我抓 Oenamaus 抓到吐血。。

RE: calling it quits - yls1033 - 07-16-2012

yea...my quit veins is building up ; p VIP8

RE: calling it quits - yls1033 - 07-16-2012

oenamaus..2 divs...dun vomit tat much.... ; p

RE: calling it quits - Pluton - 07-16-2012

Hey Squinters,

Are you playing any other games?

RE: calling it quits - Redwood - 07-16-2012

aww thats sad man.

someone as passionate about the game as you, I am curious to know why are you leaving.

Gold to train and horns are achieved by low level spenders too easily.

i am not seeing any benefits available to high lvl spender vs low level spenders.

RE: calling it quits - Squinters - 07-17-2012

grats on oen ronce.

i'm bouncing from game to game pluton... i'll post it here if i find anything worthwhile.

redwood, there is a very substantial difference between high level spender and low level spender. Let me present it this way: how many divs a day do you spend running dungeons? imagine if all those divs were instead dedicated to frag hunting. If you are efficient in terms of farming time, that should be at least an extra arm and a half on a daily basis... so per month you're looking at an extra 45 attempts on arm enhances. That should make it clear how significant the impact is.

RE: calling it quits - Guest - 07-18-2012

Hey squinters, sorry to hear you are quitting the game. Your fame has also made it to Germany, by the way...
In Athanaton (German Batheo), lots of your posts are being refered to when trying to figure out the best strategy.

I have some last question regarding your good-bye posts and maybe you sacrifice a few additional minutes to answer or maybe somebody else can point me to the right threads?
Quote: try to maximize your luck [Image: tongue.gif]
(by reducing dungeon runs, enchanting systematically, and generally
dedicating as many divs as possible exclusively to frag hunting)
1. "by reducing dungeon runs" seems "less gems" to me, and gems seem to me even more scarce a resource than frags... What is the background to that advice?
2. maybe it has something to do with your point "enchanting systematically"? I seem to have lots of bad luck and quit using anything but the safe (and most expensive) option, which obviously doesn't help my gem-stash. Is there some other way to approach this more efficiently?

RE: calling it quits - zachariasmartinez - 07-18-2012

(07-18-2012, 04:10 PM)Guest Wrote: Hey squinters, sorry to hear you are quitting the game. Your fame has also made it to Germany, by the way...
In Athanaton (German Batheo), lots of your posts are being refered to when trying to figure out the best strategy.

I have some last question regarding your good-bye posts and maybe you sacrifice a few additional minutes to answer or maybe somebody else can point me to the right threads?
1. "by reducing dungeon runs" seems "less gems" to me, and gems seem to me even more scarce a resource than frags... What is the background to that advice?
2. maybe it has something to do with your point "enchanting systematically"? I seem to have lots of bad luck and quit using anything but the safe (and most expensive) option, which obviously doesn't help my gem-stash. Is there some other way to approach this more efficiently?

I don't think that is his advice at all, i think what he is saying is "high level spenders" can do like triple gems per run,and save themselves say 15 extra divs by skimping 3 dungeon runs per day, use those extra divs to devote to arm frags, giving themselves more chances to go crazy and get high level armaments. Low level spenders need to devote tons of divs to the dungeons as we aren't going to be getting double/triple stacks on dungeon runs, hence less frags, hence less progress compared to someone rich throwing money at the game. As far as the other question i think it's all luck, random, and yes maybe secret windows, but even that is theorycrafting abound, plenty of misses during so called "good windows"...

RE: calling it quits - Guest - 07-21-2012

(07-18-2012, 06:12 PM)zachariasmartinez Wrote: I don't think that is his advice at all, i think what he is saying is "high level spenders" can do like triple gems per run,and save themselves say 15 extra divs by skimping 3 dungeon runs per day, use those extra divs to devote to arm frags, giving themselves more chances to go crazy and get high level armaments. Low level spenders need to devote tons of divs to the dungeons as we aren't going to be getting double/triple stacks on dungeon runs, hence less frags, hence less progress compared to someone rich throwing money at the game. As far as the other question i think it's all luck, random, and yes maybe secret windows, but even that is theorycrafting abound, plenty of misses during so called "good windows"...
Actually he has said before, this is for the next update and beyond. Gems will be much much easier to get. He says high gold spenders in China stop doing dungeons completely, and just train using gold, no trans. So you take out 10-28 divs for dungeons, that's another 2-3 arm attempts a day. We don't have the gold buyers China does, so we'll still do dungeons, though more for trans than gems. But if we only do say 3 a day, that gives us 4-22 extra divs for arms. I assumed most are doing 4-7 dungeons a day by this point.