Ultimate Batheo Athanaton Forum
What's Going on with BRs?!!! - Printable Version

+- Ultimate Batheo Athanaton Forum (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum)
+-- Forum: Batheo, Athanaton (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum/Forum-Batheo-Athanaton)
+--- Forum: Battle Reports: Maps & NPC (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum/Forum-Battle-Reports-Maps-NPC)
+--- Thread: What's Going on with BRs?!!! (/Thread-What-s-Going-on-with-BRs)

Pages: 1 2

What's Going on with BRs?!!! - dietonight - 11-21-2012

I thought that posting BRs to this forum protected one from losing BRs due to server mergers. Does it not?!!!

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - dietonight - 11-21-2012

I'll take the silence as a no...

Is there really no way to recover those BRs?

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - Goldmember - 11-22-2012

As far as I know there is no way to recover BR's from servers that have merged. Uploading BR's to here is just a means of cataloging the BR's and arranging them into easy to find groups. The BR's themselves are still retrieved from Clapalong.

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - dietonight - 11-24-2012

That's hard to swallow...

You're absolutely sure there's nothing left to try, even if it has only a minimal chance of success? I already tried web.archive.org, and it wasn't there. Anything else I can try?

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - rob84 - 11-24-2012

The only BR's that are protected from the mergers are the servers that are the base of the merger. I.E. 3,5,7 server 3 reports are safe. That is until it is merged again of course.

However, I guess the best thing the administrator could do is delete the dead reports from the database. That would be a big task though since there are literally thousands of reports in total and thousands that are now dead.

On another note there is a way to make the reports safe but that would require recording each and every report using something like cam studio.

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - dietonight - 11-25-2012

(11-24-2012, 06:55 AM)rob84 Wrote: On another note there is a way to make the reports safe but that would require recording each and every report using something like cam studio.
Yes, that's what I've been doing: Recording them using CamStudio. It's
just that I didn't get around to recording that last batch of BRs before
the merger...

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - Pluton - 11-25-2012

The battle reports are actually saved here. That is why you can search them and view their formation. BUT, for the battle animation to work, you'll have to make the flash player retrieve the battle report from the server here.

This is what happens:

1. b7.clapalong.com retrieve the batheo flash player from koramgame.com
2. The flash player loads all the graphics from koramgame.com and retrieve the battle report from b7.clapalong.com.
3. The flash player shows the report to you.

Basically, you'll have to make your own flash player to get back the lost BRs that are saved here.

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - dietonight - 11-25-2012

(11-25-2012, 07:08 PM)Pluton Wrote: Basically, you'll have to make your own flash player to get back the lost BRs that are saved here.
So... How do I do that?

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - Pluton - 11-25-2012

(11-25-2012, 09:46 PM)dietonight Wrote: So... How do I do that?
That requires quite a bit of programming... Not really worth the trouble unless a lot of people want the expired BRs.

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - dietonight - 11-26-2012

I see... Well, my only programming experience was a 10-week course in C++ back in the 2006/07 school year. Although I got an A+ (Smile), that's probably not anywhere near enough, considering the last week of class was about to cin from a txt file...

Obviously, I would be delighted to recover my expired BRs. Equally obviously, it doesn't make sense to go through lots of trouble for me alone. But does anyone else have expired BRs they'd like to see again? Here would be a good place to speak up. Or maybe you yourself Pluton? Got any fond memories you'd like to relive?

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - Guest - 11-27-2012

I would like to have my S5 BRs recovered. Btw this is Empire57.

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - Guest - 12-03-2012

(11-27-2012, 04:01 AM)Guest Wrote: I would like to have my S5 BRs recovered. Btw this is Empire57.

Get in line buddy. We need ELRIC's, Katet's, SteveForge's, Macedon's, and RedWoods BRs from S5 before that. Smile

Seriously though, if any one can make this happen, it would probably save some people a big headache.

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - rob84 - 12-03-2012

I guess it is something for the administrator to look into. Seems like there is a demand for some reports. I always thought that the reports were gone once the servers merged or they would expire after a certain amount of time. I am currently looking into a couple of different types of screen recording software to save battle reports permanently.

I have run into a couple of problems though. First problem is with cam studio. I am not able to get the software to record without a serious amount of lag when playing back the videos. I have tried several different settings and it doesn't seem to help. I am getting so much lag in the playback that there is actually broken frames in the video.

I have also tried screen cast-o-matic but it seems if its not a premium version that the program doesn't really work as desired.

Any ideas on other free software would be helpful.

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - dietonight - 12-03-2012

(12-03-2012, 02:37 PM)rob84 Wrote: I guess it is something for the administrator to look into. Seems like there is a demand for some reports. I always thought that the reports were gone once the servers merged or they would expire after a certain amount of time. I am currently looking into a couple of different types of screen recording software to save battle reports permanently.

I have run into a couple of problems though. First problem is with cam studio. I am not able to get the software to record without a serious amount of lag when playing back the videos. I have tried several different settings and it doesn't seem to help. I am getting so much lag in the playback that there is actually broken frames in the video.

I have also tried screen cast-o-matic but it seems if its not a premium version that the program doesn't really work as desired.

Any ideas on other free software would be helpful.
I've been using CamStudio to record my BRs, then post them on Youtube. As you say, there is unfortunately a nasty amount of lag, even to the point of frame skipping. But it's not bad enough to make the videos totally unwatchable; so I'm willing to settle for it.

I already said this elsewhere on this forum, but you can find all my BRs on Youtube at the channel nvoeifjwnr2

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - Pluton - 12-15-2012

You can still see the formation, heroes, level, troops, number of round, etc on expired reports.

I looked at ClapAlong forum. It's certainly not worth the time to revive expired BRs.

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - dietonight - 12-20-2012

(12-15-2012, 04:39 PM)Pluton Wrote: I looked at ClapAlong forum. It's certainly not worth the time to revive expired BRs.
I guess you mean there's not much left worth saving? Oh well, thanks anyway...

By the way, I noticed that links to legion battles (as opposed to ordinary battles vs 1 NPC) do not convert to the sols9 format. I guess this forum wasn't programmed to data mine legion battles, Pluton?

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - Pluton - 12-20-2012

Mining legion battles has not been programmed.

There are a lot of BRs expired, but not much people seems to need expired BRs. New BRs can replace them. It's much easier to grab new BRs than revive dead BRs.

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - Pluton - 12-28-2012

Battle Reports are between 1KB and 2KB when compressed and from 4KB to 8KB when decompressed.

There are millions of battle reports. How do you store them?

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - dietonight - 12-28-2012

(12-28-2012, 03:44 AM)Pluton Wrote: Battle Reports are between 1KB and 2KB when compressed and from 4KB to 8KB when decompressed.

There are millions of battle reports. How do you store them?
Hmm... I guess it depends how many millions... If it's just 1 million, that would be easy; 1-2 KB per BR becomes 1-2 GB total. Even if it's 100 million, you'd still be talking only 100-200 GB, which doesn't seem so bad for a modern hard drive. It's only when you get into the billions of BRs that things start to look real bad. [Hope this doesn't sound ungrateful, I really do appreciate you putting all the effort into creating and maintaining this forum, Pluton. I'm just going off my general knowledge of what seems big/not big for computer storage.]

Another question, if you don't mind... Does sols9 automatically mine ClapAlong's servers for Batheo BRs everyday. Or only when we post BR links to this forum? Because I'm thinking, if you only mined for BRs that someone took the time to post here, it would cut down the storage space needed by well over an order of magnitude.

RE: What's Going on with BRs?!!! - Pluton - 12-28-2012

Storage space is not an issue. The only problem is performance and speed, especially when a lot of people are looking/searching/uploading battle reports. I guess I'll store the main info and save them only when they are watched.

sols9 does not automatically mine from any server because you need to be logged in. BRs are only mined when a player uploads the BR or post them here.
There is very little amount of BR posted. If you only mine BR posted in forum, there will be only 1-5 report per NPC for maps... Even ClapAlong forum only have ~2000 BRs in total, half of them are posted for events and almost all of them are expired. Compare that to the amount here ~150000 BRs gathered until the server got suspended for excessive resource usage (and that wasn't even caused by upload because automatic upload were blocked)

And that 150k BR is only the tip of the iceberg because there are tons of chinese servers and some Athanaton servers that are not even touched.