Ultimate Batheo Athanaton Forum
Purple arms - Printable Version

+- Ultimate Batheo Athanaton Forum (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum)
+-- Forum: Batheo, Athanaton (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum/Forum-Batheo-Athanaton)
+--- Forum: Guides & Walkthrough (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum/Forum-Guides-Walkthrough)
+--- Thread: Purple arms (/Thread-Purple-arms)

Purple arms - Sheldor - 01-29-2013

Hi, i just was talking with a partner and he ask me a question, but i don't know the answer, so i hope someone can help. Right now im far for this point, but i wanna know: When any arm get to lvl 20, does have any limit ? i mean, yellow g4 red g6, does purple have any limit ? And a following quiestion, how is the mecanism to upgrade purple arms ? how can i make a g20 arm get to g21? thx very much, i appreciate any help and sorry for my inglish, it's kind of rusty xD

RE: Purple arms - Froto - 01-29-2013

(01-29-2013, 02:00 PM)Sheldor Wrote: Hi, i just was talking with a partner and he ask me a question, but i don't know the answer, so i hope someone can help. Right now im far for this point, but i wanna know: When any arm get to lvl 20, does have any limit ? i mean, yellow g4 red g6, does purple have any limit ? And a following quiestion, how is the mecanism to upgrade purple arms ? how can i make a g20 arm get to g21? thx very much, i appreciate any help and sorry for my inglish, it's kind of rusty xD
Purple Arms can be upgraded to g50. Once you recast a g6 red (recommended) you can start farming purple arms in HG/Babel & beyond, and or obtain them from daily Identification.

RE: Purple arms - Guest - 01-29-2013

this dude has em on G68, but he is insane Big Grin
http://sols9.com/batheo/br/v.php?k=1fG

RE: Purple arms - SteveForge - 02-02-2013

yeah, that's the chinese updates... way down the road.

For now, Purples are limited to G50 (they can degrade once they reach G30).
Reds are limited to G6 (can degrade at G4 and G5).

Upgrading purple arms is the same process as upgrading reds or lower.... complete a full arm, then pay 90 gems to attempt an upgrade.

Failed red upgrades get 0.1% more fortified (fails for purples get you 0.025%). In the 190 patch Batheo is about to see, the fort-crit feature will arrive, and degrades on red arms will disappear. Instead of just 0.1% per fail, reds will be able to "crit" for more fort (0.2%, 0.4%, and 1%).

G6 red arms can be recast to G20 purple (G5 red can recast to G12 purple). Once you recast, you need to use purple arms to upgrade that arm (since its now purple).

Max fails for red arms = 256 I'm told.
64 is max for G3
128 is max for G4
256 is max for G5
On you reach max failure/bonus, you will upgrade the next attempt. If you get a degrade back down to a lower grade, the next attempt will level you back up.

As you can tell... with a potential 25.6% boost from red arms... once you see somene with a G20 purple arm, you can't tell how strong it really is. It could be a "perfect" run to G20 with no fails, or it could be 25% stronger from hundreds of fails. At low purple levels in the 20's it won't matter too much... but as the grade climbs (and success rates drop) that bonus amount really adds up fast. The difference between MAX and MIN bonus arms is about 5 levels of upgrades for a purple arm (i.e. I could have a G36 arm that is stronger than a G41 someone else has).

RE: Purple arms - Sheldor - 02-03-2013

Yeah, i allready knew all that, i just wanna know how to upgrade purple arms, but thx for the help, really appreciate Smile

RE: Purple arms - Praetor - 02-03-2013

thx Steve for the awsum info ,should settle some debate on our server. A Q. regarding where u say a degrade will go bk next attempt , I assume u mean within next update. I had a g.5 OM degrade & is still @ g.4 with combined fails of getting to 5 initially & attempts since degrade amounting to over 128, am I right to think the Fail counter resets regardless of if grade up/dwn?

RE: Purple arms - Guest - 02-04-2013

This new fort crit sounds awesome for those unlucky people who gets 256 fails though. A 200 fail G20 Mourn is +3600 right? But that means that if u crit x10 every single time u get 10x the fort and a total of +9000 for a G20 Mourn. Pretty boss.

RE: Purple arms - SteveForge - 02-05-2013

(02-03-2013, 05:02 PM)Praetor Wrote: where u say a degrade will go bk next attempt , I assume u mean within next update.
(02-03-2013, 05:02 PM)Praetor Wrote: Yes. If you have more fails than the maximum for that grade, the NEXT attempt to upgrade will be successful.
(02-03-2013, 05:02 PM)Praetor Wrote: I had a g.5 OM degrade & is still @ g.4 with combined fails of getting to 5 initially & attempts since degrade amounting to over 128, am I right to think the Fail counter resets regardless of if grade up/dwn?
no, the fail counter doesn't "reset". The game has a fort bonus it records for each arm. It doesn't track "fails" really... we can just figure it out by dividing the bonus amount by 0.1%. It seems to track the bonus amount as it accumulates.

A red arm will gain 0.1% per fail... until you hit G6 and recast.

The strength for that arm will then be:
(BASE POWER) * (1 + RED FORT + PURPLE FORT) = Total power

RED FORT = 0.001*RedFails
PURPLE FORT = 0.0025*PurpleFails

So this means:
1) So as a red arm, your max fortification bonus is 0.256 (25.6%), if you had 256 fails.
2) once the upcoming Batheo patch is implemented, the max will STILL be 0.256 fort bonus, but it may not take you 256 fails to get there since you can crit.

The system records fort% so it really doesn't matter if you get 128 crits for 0.2%, 256 regular fails for 0.1%, or 26 full crit fails for 1%... you'll always max red arms at 25.6% bonus.

The crit ability won't let you make some ridiculous 256% bonus arm... it'll just make it cheaper/quicker to get to the smae max of 25.5%.

3) The lack of degrades in the upcoming version mean its unlikely we'll see people getting 200+ fails though... up until now we needed the degrades to increase fort% before hitting G6. With the lack of degrades, the developers added this random fort-crit to compensate for the "lack" of fails. I imagine we'll still see about 10% bonus as average (which is what I see on S3 currently).

(02-04-2013, 02:23 AM)Guest Wrote: This new fort crit sounds awesome for those unlucky people who gets 256 fails though. A 200 fail G20 Mourn is +3600 right? But that means that if u crit x10 every single time u get 10x the fort and a total of +9000 for a G20 Mourn. Pretty boss.
Naw, the max will still be 25.6%... it'll just take less fails to get there.

The game mechanics suggest the fort % is the number recorded by the game, not the number of red fails and purple fails. Why do I say that? because it seems overly elaborate to record:
w = red fails
x = red 0.2% fails
y = red 0.5% fails
z = red 1% fails
alpha = purple fails (0.025%)
beta = purple 0.05% fails
gamma = purple 0.125% fails
delta = purple 0.25% fails
Total = (w+x+y+z)*0.001 + (a+b+g+d)*0.00025

That seems like a lot of unnecessary data when you can just record:
RedFort% = r
PurpleFort% = p
Total = r + p

RE: Purple arms - Sheldor - 02-06-2013

I still have a doubt. When the arm degrades, degrades also a part of that% not just the "normal" grade. So we r ok with the fails because on the long turn it's for the best, but we can't say the same about the degrades right? In numbers, like you did, for example: g4 0.12% the fail and degrade of the arm leads to g3 0.9.

RE: Purple arms - Kazneth - 02-07-2013

(02-06-2013, 03:38 PM)Sheldor Wrote: I still have a doubt. When the arm degrades, degrades also a part of that% not just the "normal" grade. So we r ok with the fails because on the long turn it's for the best, but we can't say the same about the degrades right? In numbers, like you did, for example: g4 0.12% the fail and degrade of the arm leads to g3 0.9.
About degrades...things are very simple for me at least. I.E: if you fail 100 times on Orph's Mourn to reach G6, you will need 107 arms (100 fails, 1 G0 and 6 succeses). If you have a degrade, nº of fails won't change (although that's what people think), so you will need 108 arms to reach G6...wasting only 1 arm and 90 gems. That's the result of a degrade...not too bad if you think, but it's useless 'cause doesn't grow arm's fort (neither goes down). Addind to the topic...I've 3-4 teammates that DOESN'T have a success on the next try to upgrade the degraded arm...it takes a few more fails (like 10)

RE: Purple arms - Guest - 02-07-2013

(02-07-2013, 03:17 AM)Kazneth Wrote: About degrades...things are very simple for me at least. I.E: if you fail 100 times on Orph's Mourn to reach G6, you will need 107 arms (100 fails, 1 G0 and 6 succeses). If you have a degrade, nº of fails won't change (although that's what people think), so you will need 108 arms to reach G6...wasting only 1 arm and 90 gems. That's the result of a degrade...not too bad if you think, but it's useless 'cause doesn't grow arm's fort (neither goes down). Addind to the topic...I've 3-4 teammates that DOESN'T have a success on the next try to upgrade the degraded arm...it takes a few more fails (like 10)
it only successfully upgrades if u have the required fails.

RE: Purple arms - degan79 - 08-27-2013

anyone know the fort increase on fails with yellow arms?....just curious, trying to figure out how many times my apollo lyre failed at g4 +1800. going on the 0.1% its 200, but max fails for g4 is 128, unless that's different for yellow? like I said, doesn't really matter, just curious.......