Ultimate Batheo Athanaton Forum
Jord - Printable Version

+- Ultimate Batheo Athanaton Forum (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum)
+-- Forum: Batheo, Athanaton (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum/Forum-Batheo-Athanaton)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Strategy, PvP (http://sols9.com/batheo/Forum/Forum-Discussions-Strategy-PvP)
+--- Thread: Jord (/Thread-Jord)

Jord - Squinters - 06-16-2012

seen a lot of praise for jord as a hero based on the NPC... jord is as amazing as isis is amazing, rhea is amazing, thrud is amazing...

On the other hand, there are lots of funny reports with thor given huge level and arm advantage.

RE: Jord - xalur - 06-16-2012

so you mean, you can choose what you want? all heros are good?

RE: Jord - Prabhu - 06-16-2012

Well, when he compares them to Rhea and Thrud, you should get the idea Tongue I don't have a great opinion on Jord and Thor too.

RE: Jord - Agamemnon_S13/4 - 06-19-2012

So Squinters you sticking to your guns that you only need Odin from this batch of three recruitables?

Jord is amazing against cav - i cannot see that being anything but a huge edge on certain fights and massive in pvp. Also, we dont really know what she can do until we see a VERY HIGH valor set on her, as only then will she hit +50 over the npc for that portion of her hit.

Thor might be a similar deal, he certainly hits well washed player heroes hard enough, difficult to know until we see say a double 350 to 370 stat hero against him - if he smashes them then hell yea he is worth it - round 1 no warm up hard hitting.

RE: Jord - Horus - 06-19-2012

Thor's troop design is awesome Smile Too bad he isn't as strong as he looks Sad

RE: Jord - Squinters - 06-20-2012

i will respond to this when i'm sober lol

RE: Jord - Squinters - 06-21-2012

ok so here's the breakdown on why jord is not a common recruit (in no particular order):

1) laurels: post-nils, legion runs are a rare occasion (troop loss too high, drop rate too low), so all laurels will have to be generated through npc farming. to spend 1mil laurels washing a luxury hero is a lot to ask for (high vip players have the luxury of spending gold so this isn't an issue)

2) Usefulness: obviously jord is a very nice supplement to full elemental builds; however, for those not limited by taking specialized approaches to maps jord's damage output in pvp/maps is nowhere comparable to BM counterparts. The logical progression is to think who you substitute jord for... anubis (maybe, damage situationally superior, but jord's effectiveness as a meatshield doesn't nearly compare), odin (not even close), liu che (situationally superior), asteria (not even close), and mist (ability to reach back row and success/fail on multiple targets makes mist significantly superior). So on a hero vs. hero comparison jord is situationally superior (thus my comparison to thrud/isis/rhea). On a pvp scale it is important to remember to not consider jord on current pvp setups... standard 150/160 lineups are anubis/oen (or liu che)/odin complemented by 2 bugs or 1 bug. Therefore, the cav bonus really only benefits against anubis who is largely a secondary damage dealer at this point.

2) COST: i think this is by far the most important. cost of laurels has already been mentioned and that pales in comparison to cost in arms. Up to this point the only considerations are laurels and gems. Armament considerations take efficiency to another level. For perspective, to complete 170 maps, you will need an average of grade 35 arms... enchanting will seem unbelievably easy compared to that... It is much easier to focus on spirit hit as the primary arm (which is what even the top level/heavy spender players do).

All in all, elementals are great (zhang liang might be amazing). However, the efficient players will take the BM heavy route.

RE: Jord - Agamemnon_S13/4 - 06-21-2012

So in short, might be upto 3 kylins in play later.

If what you say is right then i think you need 3 max gem sets, no point taking very tiny gains in arms whilst ignoring big holes in max stats.

Interesting....

RE: Jord - Sapan - 06-21-2012

Do you know what sort of spirit hit bonus does grade 35 spirit hit armament give?

And what sort of time does it take to upgrade a spirit hit armament from g0 to g35?

RE: Jord - Agamemnon_S13/4 - 06-21-2012

Well since G5 to G6 = G12 to G20 then thats 8 levels but only one bonus - is it 250 per red upgrade?

Anyway G35 will be pointless unless your running around at max spirit gemming.

1 stat point is 0.7% dmg increase out / 0.7% dmg decrease in. So fluking a +5 spi gem = way more than even 2 arms i believe.

Glad alot more gems are coming in 160 patch as gemming to max 2 x kylins is gonna be rough whilst also keeping max ele gemming and upping valor gem sets = LOTS OF WORK TO DO!!

RE: Jord - Sapan - 06-21-2012

Yes, right now 250 per grade for spirit hit but if G5 converts to G12 and G6 converts to G20, I wouldnt know what to expect.

I was not asking from a max gemming vs armaments view btw.

I wondered how much difference would red/purple gear have in terms of armaments. At 150, Kylin is superior to Chim by something about 1500? How many extra armament grades would be required to close the gap between a chim and kylin?

I have 2 chims with +49 spirit at G13 10, one kylin with +55 spirit at G14 10. I made it through Nils with Chims. Got Kylin afterwards. So far, I wasnt able to enhance the chims as I feel that the chim times are over but again I wasnt able to degrade too, as it is hard to let go.

I can degrade one, push other to G14 10. But I dont want to do it if I am not gonna use that chim ever again.

RE: Jord - Prabhu - 06-21-2012

I think the only red offensive gear that can persist is the book on TS Mage. I recently had to disenchant a +50 red book and it wasn't fun Sad

RE: Jord - Squinters - 06-21-2012

you're underselling arms... it's not constant increase. Grade 4 to Grade 5 for spirit hit is +500 rather than +250. Grade 5 to Grade 6 is +1000. (i.e. increase in stat doubles, then quadruples for last 2 grades)

A grade 6 spirit hit arm is base 3000.

this is true for all arms.

(btw you should correct the numbers on your guide Pluton lol)

RE: Jord - Pluton - 06-21-2012

OK I fixed it. Thanks Squinters!

Grade 5 and Grade 6 arms are now in bold.

Do you have stats for Purple arms?

RE: Jord - Squinters - 06-22-2012

unfortunately i don't know the grade by grade breakdowns for purple arms. i'll try to look it up though